Hoosac Valley Regional Middle & High School Project Certified LEED Gold
Great Barrington, MA - Brian Sutton, LEED AP, president of eCaerus Sustainable Solutions is proud to announce that the Hoosac Valley Regional Middle & High School renovation and addition project has been certified LEED Gold.
PR9.NET July 22, 2013 - eCaerus Sustainable Solutions served as the LEED Consultant on the project team that included architects Tessier Associates, Springfield MA and Margo Jones Associates, Greenfield, MA; Hesnor Engineering Assoc., Guntlow & Associates and construction management by Gilbane, Inc., Providence, RI.
In addition to achieving LEED Gold, the project won top honors for the architects at the Western Massachusetts AIA Annual Design Awards Competition. The project was celebrated by the judges for its "skillful re-use of existing materials, daylighting improvements and thoughtful detailing of interior spaces."
The $40 million project which achieved its LEED Gold certification under LEED for SCHOOLS v2009 included the following notable elements:
• On‐site renewable energy – 495 kWh Photo Voltaic Solar System
• Digital display of real-time electrical energy generated by photo voltaic
• Reduced energy consumption, significantly below current usage
• Regionally sourced materials and low VOC finishes
• High efficiency replacement glazing with operable windows for natural ventilation
• Improved storm water management
On the LEED matrix, the project received notably high marks for:
• water efficient landscaping
• innovative wastewater technology
• water use reduction by 34%
• optimized energy performance (38% below code)
• green power
• building re-use 93%
• over 90% construction waste diverted from landfills
• regional and recycled materials over 20%
• 85% FSC certified wood
• low emitting materials
• Innovation in Design for: Green Housekeeping, Sustainable Purchasing, Integrated Pest Management
• school as a teaching tool
The complete LEED project report card can be viewed online at http://www.usgbc.org/projects. Anyone interested can view the current conditions and real-time output of the Photo Voltaic Solar System at http://www.solrenview.com/SolrenView/mainFr.php?siteId=1713.
For more information contact Brian Sutton at 413-528-5788 ext. 703 or by email at bsutton@eCaerus.com.
# # #
About eCaerus Sustainable Solutions
eCaerus Sustainable Solutions provides Green Building / LEED consulting, administration and project management, as well as owner’s representative / project manager and construction management for owners, design teams and constructors, specializing in green sustainable building and certification.
|Recent News Headlines
|Industry Category of Current Press Release