Local Families Hit Unexpected Jackpot This July 4th
Families in your city find hidden money to care for veteran loved ones through new assistance program.
PR9.NET July 17, 2008 - Baltimore, M.D. - This Independence Day, millions of American families will celebrate when they learn about free, government money that's available to help them pay for in-home care of their veteran loved ones. It's all part of a new, free program that helps families across the country dig up hidden government money to pay for in-home care for veterans of all ages.
Senior Helpers' Veteran's Express Program helps families navigate the difficult application process, which could earn them up to $1800 a month in VA pension money to pay for in-home care – a sigh of relief for millions of families who need help caring for their loved ones who served in the armed forces.
"It's a happy July 4th because we could use money for a caregiver," says Phyllis DeMasi, who cares for her 84 year-old husband, a wheelchair bound World War II veteran. "Like most families, we didn't know about this money and we didn't know how to get it."
"We're revealing a secret most Americans don't know about," says Senior Helpers' Founder, Peter Ross. "The application process for this type of government money can be long and grueling, causing many families to give up and never receive financial assistance. The Veteran's Express Program walks them through each step of the process until they get the money they deserve."
THIS IS AN IMPORTANT JULY 4TH STORY THAT AFFECTS MILLIONS OF FAMILIES, MANY IN YOUR CITY. CONSIDER THIS:
• The U.S. has 23.5 million Veterans of all ages, almost 8% of the U.S. Population. A quarter of the U.S. population – 70 million people – is eligible for benefits because they are veterans, family members or survivors of veterans.
• More than 9 million Veterans are 65 or older, 3% of the U.S. population. Many older veterans and recently wounded young veterans need in home care and don't have the money to pay for it.
• The healthcare crisis for Iraq veterans could top $650 billion, far outstripping the amount of money spent on combat operations in Iraq. This affects ALL OF US. Your tax dollars are sitting there in a VA pension fund that should be going to veteran in home care.
Veteran's Express is an organization that plays the role of "senior advocate" on behalf of veterans and their families who need help completing the necessary paperwork to qualify for government reimbursement. The approval process can be long, sometimes taking up to 6 months, and often wears out veterans and their families, causing many veterans and families to miss out on getting their benefits. This program is so crucial because many families don't even know about it and can't complete the forms on their own.
We will provide:
• Interviews /photos/b-roll with local veterans and their families who need this money, don't know it exists and don't know how to apply for it.
• Interviews with the founders of Senior Helper's Veteran's Express Program who can talk about this money available to all U.S. Veterans and their families.
• Alarming statistics and studies to show how badly Veterans and their families are in need of in home care.
# # #
Senior Helpers connects professional caregivers with people who wish to live at home as opposed to a nursing or assisted living facility. Based in Baltimore, Maryland with offices in cities throughout the U.S., Senior Helpers strives to be the leading companion and personal care provider that offers dependable and affordable care. (www.seniorhelpers.com) The Senior Helper's Veterans Express program helps veterans of all ages fill out the maze of paperwork to apply for VA pension money to pay for in home care.
About 919 Marketing Co.
919 Marketing is a marketing consulting firm and a public relations firm with a proven track record of helping underdog companies of all sizes increase revenue, create a competitive advantage and improve marketing efficiencies.
|Recent News Headlines
|Industry Category of Current Press Release