Recession-Proof Father's Day: 5 Ways to Celebrate on a Budget
Dr. Susan Orenstein shares five ways to celebrate Father's Day without breaking the bank.
PR9.NET June 06, 2008 - Raleigh, N.C. – It's always hard to find dad the perfect gift, but it's even harder when the family budget is strained by rising gas prices and a tight economy -- and dad doesn't need another neck tie, golf club, or coffee mug.
Dr. Susan Orenstein is a licensed counseling psychologist who is an expert on Stay Happily Married.com, a resource for married couples who want to stay together sponsored by Rosen Law Firm. Orenstein stresses that strong marriages go hand-in-hand with strong families and that recognizing dad as a family this Father's Day will help strengthen your relationship as a couple.
Orenstein shares five ways to celebrate Father's Day on a budget:
1) Attend a minor league sports game. Many Dads like sports, but going to see a major league game like the Carolina Hurricanes can be expensive. So opt for the minor leagues such as the Carolina Mudcats or the Durham Bulls so the whole family can afford to go.
2) Volunteer as a family. Nothing makes dad feel more like the head of the family than a group activity. So pick dad's favorite charity -- whether it's an animal shelter or the soup kitchen -- and sign up the whole family to lend a hand.
3) Go for a hike. Many dads like the outdoors and while it may be too expensive to drive to the Blue Ridge Mountains or the Outer Banks, there are numerous state parks to explore near by. Take the whole family and even enjoy a cookout after the hike.
4) Pool your resources to buy a gift: Instead of each family member purchasing dad a small gift, why not pool your money and buy him something big?
5) Plant a tree. Just because it's Father's Day, doesn't mean you can't do something good for Mother Nature. Find a spot in your yard and plant a tree in dad's honor.
To listen to Dr. Susan Orenstein's tips for Father's Day, visit: www.stayhappilymarried.com
# # #
About 919 Marketing Co.
919 Marketing is a marketing consulting firm and a public relations firm with a proven track record of helping underdog companies of all sizes increase revenue, create a competitive advantage and improve marketing efficiencies.
|Recent News Headlines
|Industry Category of Current Press Release