Popular Patchwork announces the launch of its new website
Designed to be the best British online resource for patchwork and quilting, and aimed at all levels of experience from beginners to textile artists, www.popularpatchwork.com offers an informative and enjoyable experience for website visitors.
The site brings together a wealth of beautiful projects, inspirational quilters, and textile techniques from all over the world. From introductory tutorials to the latest contemporary exhibitions, there really is something for everyone.
PR9.NET March 05, 2008 - London, UK - With full illustrated instructions for projects from favourite Popular Patchwork designers, even a novice is sure to find something to get started on. The projects include a wide range of items, from bags and accessories to full sized bed quilts, and with some pages linked to supplier's websites, readers can source the fabric used in the examples.
Katy Purvis, website editor says, "The forum and gallery pages allow customers to show off their talents by posting images of their work, sharing experiences, or asking other members for advice. We will develop future content based on true customer feedback, and will also be able to generate feedback for our advertisers by encouraging readers to share their favourite fabric designers, shops, sewing machines and more."
"There will also be a regular newsletter for site members and special content for magazine subscribers," she continues.
The site includes the following areas, but will be evolving throughout the year:
• Full instructions for a wide range of projects – for beginners through to experienced quilters.
• Features on popular quilters and textile artists and their work.
• Articles for beginners outlining basic techniques and skills.
• Textile design and advanced techniques in a regional and international context, for example, Tivaevae work from the Cook Islands.
• Reviews of quilts shows, exhibitions and books.
• Block history and design.
• Diary of patchwork and quilting events across the United Kingdom.
• An extensive community forum allowing sharing of information between quilters.
# # #
Magicalia is a cross-media publishing company, with an integrated portfolio of community websites, e-commerce operations, specialist magazines and events. Magicalia operates in special interest sports, hobby and leisure sectors, ranging from golf, cycling and photography to modelling, gardening and parenting. Magicalia operates 20 community websites, with an active launch programme, and publishes 15 market leading consumer magazines. It also operates successful events in its specialist sectors. Magicalia’s e-commerce business, operating over 40 e-commerce websites for retailers in Magicalia’s sectors, integrates each retailer’s catalogue into Magicalia’s relevant community website.
|Recent News Headlines
|Industry Category of Current Press Release