Comodo EV SSL Certificates and Newest Release of Mozilla Firefox 3 Makes Internet and Online Commerce Safer For Millions of Users
The launch of Firefox 3.0 with a record 8 million downloads on its release day further accelerates the wide scale acceptance of EV SSL certificates.
PR9.NET June 25, 2008 - Jersey City, NJ - After more than 34 months of development, the Mozilla Developer Center recently released its newest edition of Firefox, version 3. This marks an important milestone in the widespread adoption of Extended Validation (EV) SSL Certificates as part of new browser security measures designed to protect 175 million Mozilla users from phishing sites. Comodo EV SSL Certificates and EV SSL Certificates from other Certification Authorities protect Internet visitors during online transactions because the green address bar shows users that the site has been validated and is not fraudulent.
Firefox currently has approximately 36 percent of the browser market, and with the latest release, the Mozilla Foundation announced that the enhancements to Firefox are largely related to improving security in online activities including:
* One-click site info: New visual indicators in the location bar displays site owner and checks if connection is protected from eavesdropping. Sites using Extended Validation (EV) SSL certificates, will display the verifying green URL and show the name of the company.
* New SSL error pages: clearer and stricter error pages are used when Firefox encounters an invalid SSL certificate.
* Better downloading including a progress indicator in the status bar and anti-virus checks.
* Malware Protection: malware protection warns users when they arrive at sites which are known to install viruses, spyware, trojans or other malware
* New Web Forgery Protection page: the content of pages suspected as web forgeries is no longer shown.
* Add-ons and Plugin version check: Firefox now automatically checks add-on and plugin versions and will disable older, insecure versions.
* Secure add-on updates: to improve add-on update security, add-ons that provide updates in an insecure manner will be disabled.
* Anti-virus integration: Firefox will inform anti-virus software when downloading executables.
* Effective top-level domain (eTLD) service better restricts cookies and other restricted content to a single domain.
* Better protection against cross-site JSON data leaks.
Comodo has introduced proprietary technology to make EV SSL Certificates easier to purchase and deploy. Some advantages of Comodo EV SSL Certificates include:
* More sophisticated deployment technology:
o Comodo's patent-pending EV AUTO-Enhancer™ - Automatic Deployment and Maintenance Technology:
o Comodo Auto CSR Requestor:
Comodo provides a new tool to automatically create a public/private key pair on a local machine and then use this key pair to generate the CSR and automatically submit it to Comodo over a secure SSL connection to create your certificate for IIS 6.0 and Apache.
* Advanced authentication infrastructure ensures efficient management of stringent business verification processes to ensure timely issuance of EV SSL certificates to verified sites.
* Cost savings of over 70% on a single or multi year terms representing thousands of dollars saved per certificate.
For more information about EV SSL certificates, please visit www.instantssl.com
# # #
About Comodo Inc
Comodo, through its group of Internet security companies, is a leading Certification Authority and global provider of Identity and Trust Assurance services on the Internet. Comodo secures and authenticates online transactions and communications for over 1,000,000 business and millions of consumers.With a global presence in the US, UK, Ukraine, and India, Comodo offers businesses and consumers third-generation solutions for intelligent security and authentication technologies that create trust online. Comodo's technological expertise includes PKI digital certification, integrated authentication infrastructure services, regulatory compliance solutions and digital e-commerce services.The Comodo companies develop technologies that address critical authentication and security needs with proven and reliable solutions such as SSL certificates, Mutual Authentication solutions, PCI compliancy services, Desktop Security, Code signing certificates, identity and vulnerability management solutions.
|Recent News Headlines
|Industry Category of Current Press Release