Comodo Two Factor Authentication Emerging as a Disruptive Technology to Address FFIEC Requirements
Financial Institutions Are Displacing Ineffective and Hard to Implement First Generation Solutions Such as Matrix Cards, Fraud Analysis, Tokens or Challenge Response Models with Newer, Highly Flexible Second-Generation Digital Certificate Solutions.
PR9.NET May 02, 2007 - Jersey City, NJ - Comodo, a global Certification Authority and leading provider of Identity and Trust Assurance Management solutions, announced today that Comodo TF continues to receive widespread adoption by financial institutions as a disruptive technology solution changing the future of the authentication industry. Comodo meets the criteria presented in the three-point Christensen Disruptive Technology test - 1) being inexpensive, 2) technologically simple and 3) a technology that doesn't require replacement of existing systems. This PKI-based authentication solution provides groundbreaking improvements to solve the FFIEC-preferred two-factor solution easily for financial institutions without costly deployment or customer adoption challenges.
The challenge for many mid-sized institutions is to deploy a compliant, secure, yet customer-friendly authentication solution that can accommodate a wide variety of networking architectures from back-office infrastructure to web-hosting service providers. The solutions that service providers typically offer their customers relied on first generation technologies which could be unreliable (e.g. cookies), difficult for customers to use (e.g. matrix cards) and/ or expensive to deploy (e.g. tokens). Therefore, as institutions understand the value of a seamless digital certificate solution, many financial institutions and service providers are adopting Comodo TF to take advantage of the security and configurability of a Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) solution.
Comodo TF adoption is being driven by its user-friendly interface, ease of deployment, ease of customer adoption and inexpensive cost model. This presents a significant improvement in authentication performance substantially altering the competitive landscape. Comodo TF delivers on key performance milestones:
* Continuous, secure and authenticated online financial interactions through a PKI- based solution well-recognized for high performance and security. This solution provides a mutual authentication solution for any regulatory-intensive industry such as healthcare, insurance, education and government agencies
* Bringing the power of the PKI platform to a regulatory intensive business community, creating a low-cost and highly flexible solution that scales effortlessly
* Advances in authentication technology that could extend the institutions' ability to provide additional services and features
* Quantum leap in customer adoption since it doesn't require customers to alter their banking behavior once their Digital-ID has been created. Users can simply continue to use their existing usernames and passwords
Compared to other authentication approaches, Comodo TF delivers a strong, flexible approach that provides a scalable foundation for future possible regulatory requirements while delivering measurable ROI today:
* The only PKI-based two-factor solution from a CA that delivers digital certificates - one of the strongest forms of authentication available for online security.
* The most cost-effective authentication solution on the market due to Comodo's mature PKI infrastructure.
* Can be deployed in days and is highly flexible
* Requires virtually no bank side integration
* A platform that will support future authentication requirements
The most recent win for Comodo TF is Canandaigua National Bank and Trust, a large community bank with over $1 billion in assets. For more information, please visit www.comodo.com/banking
# # #
About Comodo Inc
Comodo, through its group of Internet security companies, is a leading Certification Authority and global provider of Identity and Trust Assurance services on the Internet. Comodo secures and authenticates online transactions and communications for over 1,000,000 business and millions of consumers.With a global presence in the US, UK, Ukraine, and India, Comodo offers businesses and consumers third-generation solutions for intelligent security and authentication technologies that create trust online. Comodo's technological expertise includes PKI digital certification, integrated authentication infrastructure services, regulatory compliance solutions and digital e-commerce services.The Comodo companies develop technologies that address critical authentication and security needs with proven and reliable solutions such as SSL certificates, Mutual Authentication solutions, PCI compliancy services, Desktop Security, Code signing certificates, identity and vulnerability management solutions.
|Recent News Headlines
|Industry Category of Current Press Release