PageTech Releases Free PCL Viewer, Converter and Windows Printing Tool
PageTech releases a new standalone, freeware, PCL Viewer/Converter. PCLReader provides users with the ability to view, convert, extract, normalize and optimize PCL. It is also used to print PCL3GUI through PCL6 (XL) files to any Windows printer like DeskJets, GDI and other non-compatible printers.
PR9.NET January 15, 2007 - San Diego, CA - PageTech, a leading provider of HP® PCL® print stream transformation, extraction, and manipulation products, today released a new standalone, freeware, PCL Viewer/Converter. PCLReader provides users with the ability to view, convert, extract, normalize and optimize PCL. It is also used to print PCL3GUI through PCL6 (XL) files to any Windows printer like DeskJets, GDI and other non-compatible printers.
PCLReader is designed for customers with legacy applications that can only generate PCL output and for users of Windows desktop PC's for printing or converting PCL or Text into PDF, TIFF and other popular formats. It provides a graphic user interface and includes a program to format the text extracted from the PCL files into various report formats.
• View a PCL file created to print only on a PCL printer, and then print it to any Windows printer driver.
• Convert PCL or Text into PDF format for emailing PDF documents to third parties.
• Extract the ASCII text from PCL to migrate the data into other applications.
• Convert PCL forms into TIFF or PDF format to use as overlays in custom applications.
• Eliminate the need to "stamp" PCL so that only proprietary PCL viewers will view or convert them.
• Save paper by previewing your PCL print streams before you print them.
• Save paper by re-printing only selected pages that may not have been printed properly.
PCLReader is available for download from the PCLReader.com web site. PCLReader is a replacement for our previous freeware products FormView and TaxView.
# # #
PageTech develops software libraries that focus on imaging-oriented technologies which may be used in printing, document imaging, archiving, viewing or faxing applications.
Pagetech belongs to the Adobe Developer Association (ADA), PDF/A Competence Center (PDFA.ORG), AIIM, and XPLOR.
|Recent News Headlines
|Industry Category of Current Press Release