Focus Enhancements Introduces New HD Options and Major Partner Support for ProxSys Media Asset
HD Workflow features fully automated Media Asset Management and support for all major camera partners.
PR9.NET April 10, 2010 - Las Vegas, NV. – Focus Enhancements (TM), a worldwide leader in media management and digital audio technology, today announced that the ProxSys® PX series of Media Asset Management systems includes support for AVCHD (TM), AVC-Intra (TM), MPEG-4, and online preview of uncompressed media. The ProxSys PX now also supports users with the ability to export and manage low-res proxy clips in addition to native XDCAM EX (TM) and native QuickTime® DVCPRO (TM) 50/HD support, and IPTC (TM) photo metadata support. The PX now includes many new functional and GUI enhancements along with support for Blu-ray Disc (TM) robots for offline media archiving.
"Our customers continue to reinforce that our ProxSys media asset management systems provide an affordable and flexible media management, archive and playout solution," said Matt McEwen, Director of Product Management for Focus Enhancements. "With these announcements, we continue to demonstrate our significant investment in media asset management HD functionality across all aspects of our solution while supporting all major user platforms."
Highlights of ProxSys Version 6.1:
- External preview render so files can be managed and archived without the cut function
- Parallel handling of flash and MPEG-4 previews
- AVCHD, AVC Intra, MPEG-4, and uncompressed internal preview render
- Support of Blu-ray Disc robots for offline media archiving
- Scheduled export
Other ProxSys Highlights:
- Export and utilize ProxSys MPEG-4 proxy files for use in mobile, streaming, or web delivery
- Native support for XDCAM EX content including cut and extract
- Native QuickTime DVCPRO 50/HD support
- IPTC photo metadata support for import and management of digital still images
- 16:9 standard definition capture and playout
- Several GUI and functionality updates
Highlights of ProxSys HD-SDI Ingest:
- Ingest SD-SDI or HD-SDI content with embedded audio using the MMC-5HD capture card
- Encode in user selectable MPEG-2 bit rates up to 100Mb/s
- Ingest up to two channels simultaneously
- Windows-based capture suite utility
- Manual or scheduled capture of up to two channels simultaneously with automated upload to ProxSys
Highlights of ProxSys HD Playout
- Single or multi-channel SD and HD Playout with full 24/7 scheduling
- Automatic program guide generation and clip length calculation
- Graphic and live insert capabilities
- IPTV, WEB TV and Podcast ready
- Traffic management option for advertising, customer, billing, invoicing and statistical analysis
Pricing and Availability
Focus Enhancements is demonstrating ProxSys at its booth during NAB 2010 (# SL1705). ProxSys Version 6.1, the ProxSys HD Ingest Station, and ProxSys HD Playout are available now. For more information, please visit www.focusinfo.com
Company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners. © 2010 Focus Enhancements Inc. All rights reserved.
# # #
About Focus Enhancements
Focus Enhancements, Inc. headquartered in Campbell, CA, is a leading designer of world-class solutions in advanced video and audio technologies. The company's System Group develops video products for the digital media markets, with customers in the broadcast, video production, and digital asset management segments. The company's Semiconductor Division develops application specific standard product (ASSPs), which address the audio distribution and the TV-out video encoder markets. More information on Focus Enhancements may be obtained by visiting the Focus Enhancements website at http://www.focusinfo.com.
|Recent News Headlines
|Industry Category of Current Press Release