Apatar Prevents Deceased Credit Fraud with CDYNE Death Index Data Quality Service
New Apatar data quality connector for CDYNE Death Index Web service checks customer information against U.S. Social Security Administration database and prevents using deceased person's details.
PR9.NET June 20, 2008 - Chicopee, MA - Apatar, Inc., the leading provider of open source software tools for the data integration market, today announced the CDYNE Death Index connector for the Apatar Open Source Data Integration toolset. The new connector verifies the Social Security number against the U.S. Social Security Death Index database and returns whether the customer is departed, eliminating the possibility to use a deceased person's identification or deliver goods to individuals who do not exist. Using the CDYNE Death Index Web service, Apatar checks the legitimacy of social security numbers extracted from corporate applications (such as Salesforce.com and SugarCRM) or databases (MySQL, Microsoft Access, Oracle, etc.) and allows for this data to be filtered or cleansed.
Have you just issued credit to a dead man?
According to CIFAS, impersonation of the dead is the fastest growing identity theft crime. Whether your business offers credit or relies on Social Security numbers to verify incoming payments, Apatar's data quality service allows you to implement the credit fraud control. The service instantly checks the Social Security number and notifies you if the customer is deceased, providing information about the date of death, date of birth, and zip code of last known residence. All of the information cross-references with CDYNE's Death Index master file, which is updated directly from the U.S. Social Security Administration once a month.
By having up-to-date customer data, companies can also prevent embarrassing sales and marketing calls or mailings to the recently departed. The Direct Marketing Association estimates 22 million items of direct mail are sent to dead people each year. Verifying and cleansing customer information, Apatar's CDYNE Death Index connector can prevent companies from losing thousands of dollars to credit fraud or delivering goods and services to individuals who no longer exist.
"CDYNE's Death Index Web service is widely used by credit and collections companies, attorneys, and other service providers to scrub and flag accounts, which have recently deceased," said William Chenoweth, VP Director of Marketing CDYNE Corporation. "With this Web service, you can implement fast and easy fraud control or make sure you file your estate claims promptly and accurately. This simple, but effective, solution has saved companies millions of dollars in fraudulent transactions."
CDYNE Death Index features and benefits:
- Verifies customer Social Security data
- Prevents credit card fraud and deceased identity usage
- Updated directly from the U.S. Social Security Death Index Database once a month
- Provides information about date of death, date of birth, and zip code of last known residence
- Enables batch processing
Apatar Open Source Data Integration features and benefits:
- No coding! Visual job designer and mapping enable non-developers to design and perform transformations, shortening implementation time
- Distributed under an open source model, reducing integration and maintenance costs
- Connectivity to Salesforce.com, SugarCRM, MySQL, Oracle, MS SQL, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, GoldMine, DB2, Sybase, PostgreSQL, dBase, EnterpriseDB, vTiger, InnoDB, Compiere ERP, .CSV, XML, RSS, ATOM, HTTP queries, POP3, LDAP, FTP, WebDav, Autodesk Buzzsaw, any JDBC data sources, Amazon S3, Flickr, StrikeIron and CDYNE Web services, and more
- Job scheduler and synchronization automate the data integration process.
- Improves data quality with a variety of verification, filtration, and validation features
- Users have the ability to create, share, and re-use pre-built data transformations and publish data integration output as a custom RSS feed to ApatarForge, the online Apatar community.
- Platform-independent, runs from Windows and Linux
Pre-built integration mapping:
Apatar Open Source is available for free download at www.apatar.com. Commercial support and maintenance subscription packages start at $1,900 per year. The CDYNE Demographics Web service is available for subscription from CDYNE.
# # #
CDYNE Corporation is a leading provider of Web service solutions, which encompass a wide range of data enhancement, data verification, and communications tools. CDYNE has been developing and marketing Web services since 1999. CDYNE's first products were developed using XML-based languages to ensure cross-platform compatibility, which is the essence of true Web services. CDYNE's Postal Address Verification and Correction service was developed to solve the need for real-time address data cleansing without the need to have clients buy, store, program, and maintain the enormous United States Postal Service database. CDYNE Corporation's transaction-based billing model was developed with that product to allow clients to buy only what is consumed affording them further savings. CDYNE Corporation continued to develop and release Web services products, such as Email Verification, Phone Verification, and IP2Geo during the following years.For more: http://www.cdyne.com.
About Apatar, Inc.
Apatar is the leading provider of open source software tools for the data integration market. With powerful Extract, Transform, and Load (ETL) capabilities, Apatar enables its users to easily link information between databases (such as MySQL, Microsoft SQL, Oracle), applications (Salesforce.com, SugarCRM), and the top Web 2.0 destinations (Flickr, Amazon S3). Apatar provides support, training, and consulting services for its integration solutions. Headquartered in Western Massachusetts, Apatar operates a development center in Minsk, Belarus. Apatar is currently used by 3000 organizations and individuals worldwide. For more on Apatar, please visit www.apatar.com and www.apatarforge.org. More information is available at Apatar's Online Press Room, found at http://www.apatar.com/newsroom/.
|Recent News Headlines
|Industry Category of Current Press Release