Spokane Teachers CU Deploys Comodo Two Factor Authentication Solution To Meet FFIEC Guidelines
PKI based client certificates deliver strong identity assurance protection that is highly configurable at lowest cost solution on the market today
PR9.NET February 15, 2007 - Jersey City, NJ - Comodo, a global Certification Authority and leading provider of Identity and Trust Assurance Management solutions, announced today that Spokane Teachers Credit Union has deployed Comodo's S.A.F.E. solution (Secure and Authenticated Financial Engagements) for credit unions. First stage was the successful deployment of Comodo's PKI-based Two Factor (TF) authentication solution that complies with FFIEC guidelines.
COMODO S.A.F.E. SOLUTION SUMMARY
1) Two Factor (TF) Client Certificates for a High-Performance, Low Cost Solution with No Integration
Financial institutions are under pressure to comply with Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC) guidelines to strengthen their mutual authentication processes for online banking transactions.
The implementation of a multifactor solution requires ease of integration, ease of adoption by credit union members and ease of configurability. With Comodo TF, Spokane can support a high-performance two- factor solution while reducing operating costs. This two-factor solution offers significant advantages over other two factor solutions:
* The only PKI based two factor solution – PKI is considered by analysts as one of the strongest forms of authentication available for online security
* Lowest cost solution due to an established PKI infrastructure and digital certificate lifecycle management processes
* Virtually the easiest multi-layer solution for members to adopt because there is no change in members' online banking behavior once a DigitalID has been created. Members conveniently continue to use their existing usernames and passwords.
* High level of flexibility and configurability for the credit union
* Solution can be deployed in days
* Ease of customer support
"We've chosen to implement an approach that leverages the best-in-breed security while maintaining the convenience and ease-of-use of our online banking system," said Danny Jones, Web Solutions Manager of Spokane Teachers Credit Union. "From a deployment perspective, Comodo's authentication system provided rapid integration with minimal rollout dependencies, which is a major advantage over any other two-factor solution we evaluated."
Other key elements in Comodo's S.A.F.E. Solution that Spokane Teachers Credit Union may be deploying include:
2) Content Verification Certificates (CVC) that protect members from phishing, pharming, and man-in-the-middle attacks
The second part of the mutual authentication model includes Comodo's unique Content Verification Certificates that authenticate web content (such as a log-in box or graphics) to authenticate site identity. This is the only digital certificate on the market today that protects against man-in-the middle attacks as this solution alone delivers non-browser "green good to go" indicator confirming site identity.
With this technology, Spokane's members can verify the credit union's identity using a reader (VerificationEngine) which they download as easily as Adobe Reader™. Moreover, since VE now authenticates the identity of over 200,000 home page logos content, this solution delivers added-value to Spokane's members.
3) EV SSL Certificates - High Assurance SSL Certificates
4) Email certificates for Secure Email Communications
Email certificates will be used to digitally sign and encrypt sensitive communications, providing additional layers of security so that members' personal information remains protected.
5) HackerGuardian™ – Daily Vulnerability Scanning and Certification Solution
6) SiteMon – Website Continuity Monitoring Service
SiteMon is a website continuity monitoring service that automatically checks websites every 10 minutes to ensure they are up, running, and viewable to the public.
# # #
About Comodo Inc
Comodo, through its group of Internet security companies, is a leading Certification Authority and global provider of Identity and Trust Assurance services on the Internet. Comodo secures and authenticates online transactions and communications for over 1,000,000 business and millions of consumers.With a global presence in the US, UK, Ukraine, and India, Comodo offers businesses and consumers third-generation solutions for intelligent security and authentication technologies that create trust online. Comodo's technological expertise includes PKI digital certification, integrated authentication infrastructure services, regulatory compliance solutions and digital e-commerce services.The Comodo companies develop technologies that address critical authentication and security needs with proven and reliable solutions such as SSL certificates, Mutual Authentication solutions, PCI compliancy services, Desktop Security, Code signing certificates, identity and vulnerability management solutions.
|Recent News Headlines
|Industry Category of Current Press Release